Sunday, March 30, 2014

Time for Adventure!!!

Hello Everyone!

Hope this blog finds you well and enjoying the rains of northern California if you are in this area!  I am loving the rain, the hail, the little bit of thunder and lightening!

Blogging is great, but I wish I would blog more!  It is a great way to keep in touch and express who we are.  So me, what have I been up to this past month…well, mostly preparing for our trip to Africa!  Tom and I are headed out shortly and I have been making all of the last minute preparations….which seem endless when you live the life of Debbie!  From having Jacob taking care of the worm farm, Granny selling the eggs, sending out those "I'm out of the office" emails, and training Jacob and Granny to run the business while I am gone!  Whew!

So what will we do in Africa?  Our plan is to go over and assist Nate and Julie with numerous tasks. Some planned activities for Tom will be planting trees and handy-man projects, but the main goal for Tom will to be in finalizing plans and helping with the construction of the new Creche school.
He will also be running electricity and water down to the school property.  Debbie will be assisting with house visits and Friday Outreach as well as preparing meals for the team. She will also assist Julie in setting up the new Creche School.

How can you help?  You can stock up on soaps, lip balms and all the other goodies you will find at The Essential Olive!  All proceeds from the month of April will go towards helping Julie & Nate with their Creche Program and also to Tom and myself's trip over there!  


So put on your shopping shoes and head towards www.theessentialolive.com.  Or if you live in Redding area and want to stop by the house, feel free!



No comments:

Post a Comment