Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hello and Welcome to The Essential Olives Blog!

I am excited that you are reading this and my hope is that you will find an experience of freedom here.  A freedom to take what I have researched, learned and applied to my own life and take it for your own. 
Yet there is so much to write and learn about.  One of my goals in life is to never stop learning about new things and having a wealth of knowledge.  So first, I will tell you my why so you can learn about me.

My Why….

#1  Why:  Why am I doing this blog?  Well, I want to give you knowledge and I want it to be fun, not boring.  Learning should never be boring! 

#2 Why:  To make you aware of The Essential Olive’s products and how they are beneficial for your skin.

#3 Why:  To build community and connection with like-minded people.  To share ideas, thoughts and experiences.

#4 Why:  To get back to the basics of life being simple.

#5 Why:  So you can have great products to have healthy skin. 

Somehow I am sure this Why list is not exhaustive and I am sure that it will grow.  

So #1 Why will cover a wide variety of subjects like soap being biodegradable, different essential oils and their uses, recipes for homemade cleaners (maybe even some yummy, easy & nutritious ones too!), life lessons, gardening tips and the list goes on & on.  This then leads us to #2 Why which is what this blog will be about.

I’ll begin by saying that I love making homemade anything.  I make homemade breads & jams, homemade laundry soap and window cleaner and of course homemade soap.  I have also made quilts and rugs and wooden shelves and a rocking horse for my daughter.  I also garden, can my foods, home schooled my children and have made my husband many homemade shirts.  The gals where I work PT now call me Pioneer Woman or Susie Homemaker.  Either title, I am proud to have.  I love being home and tending to the basics of life. 

The Essential Olive was started for this love of homemade…with soap.  My neighbor taught me how to make soap using tallow, water and lye…just three simple ingredients.  (Which btw, real soap is made with lye!)  So there I was….rendering down the tallow, heating up the lye and water and then mixing them all together to make…SOAP!  I loved it and was hooked.  I kept making soap and more soap and then added lip balm, body butter, massage oil and more.  Currently, I am learning about the benefits of essential oils.  Oh…..the knowledge and things to create are endless.

In a nutshell there it is and before I close I want to make a few confessions…the first being, I know this is short…but I want to keep it simple.  We are so busy with life that I want it to be a quick & easy reader.   Second…I am not very "computer savvy" so bear with me!  Lastly, if you have any questions or thoughts, I would love to hear from you.  You can email me at theessentialolive@gmail.com or check out my website at www.theessentialolive.com.

Thanks again and we will see you next time!  P.S.  Don't forget to like me on The Essential Olive's Facebook page!




Debbie
The Essential Olive




No comments:

Post a Comment