Sunday, July 19, 2015

Soap & Water & Tea!


Hello Everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your July!  Our family has been having a great summer and enjoying the great outdoors!  We just went rafting on the Trinity River yesterday with all the kids and 2 grandkids!  Great fun and as a Mom, I love to see my kids getting along and playing in the water together and laughing!  It makes a Mom's heart melt, right?





I also have been busy with prepping for the upcoming fairs and bazaars this fall and holiday season along with working on getting more organized in a small room with all of my soap stock, all the other products and the endless supplies.  There is only so far up that you can go!

So today I wanted to talk about laundry soap!  Of course, I make my own.  Do you?  It is a super easy process and I have been using it for years and using it in my HE machine…no problem and no more specialized expensive soap!  Ya Hoo!  I find my clothes just as clean.  I scent my laundry soap with lavender as well and then hang them out on the line to dry…oh I love this!  And yes, sometime I do dry them in the dryer if I am in a pinch!  So ya wanna know how to make your own liquid laundry soap?

Here is my recipe…just 6 super easy steps!

Step 1: Grate one bar of soap (approximately 2 cups) with cheese grater or food processor.  I use my scraps from The Essential Olive, www.theessentilolive.com.  It is a great soap and not harsh as the suggested bar is when you look up a recipe on the internet.  

Step 2: Put grated soap in a pan with 2 quarts water and gradually heat, stirring constantly until soap is completely dissolved.

Step 3: Put 4.5 gallons of really hot tap water in a 5-gallon bucket and stir in 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of Washing Soda until completely dissolved.

Step 4: Pour soap mixture from pan into 5-gallon bucket. Stir well.

Step 5: Cover and leave overnight.

Step 6: Shake or stir until smooth and pour into gallon jugs or other containers.  Add Essential Oil if preferred.  My favorite is Lavender!

Use 1/2 to 1 cup per load.


This recipe is a great way to save money on laundry soap….are you ready….it costs approximately .05 cents a load and washes about 80 loads at 1/2 cup per load.  Ya, that is what I am talking about!  I love homemade and I love saving $$$.  So where can you get soap scraps from?  Shop no more…just email The Essential Olive at theessentialolive@gmail.com and ask for the 2 cups of grated soap laundry soap for $5.00.   Or if you want to save yourself some time, you can ask for the laundry soap deal which comes with 2 cups of grated soap, 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of washing soap for $8.00.   I can ship it to you for $5.05 USPS, just add heat & water!  (Or if you are local, I will happy to meet you in town.)



I also buy a gallon of vinegar, add 10 drops of any essential oil you like (I like Lavender) and use that as my softener.  Then for my dryer, I made homemade dryer balls!  They work like a charm…again saving me $$ on dryer sheets.  I purchase my Essential Oils from www.essentialthree.com and if you order them through me, you receive a 20% discount.  (I love this company for the fact that I can talk to the owner directly with all questions and she is super friendly, helpful and full of knowledge.  They are not a MLM and they are good, honest people to work with, plus they are located in Medford.)

If you have any questions about ingredients or the laundry soap, I will be happy to answer them…just email Debbie at theessentialolive@gmail.com.



Moving on….. and if you didn't know I not only sell soap and sundries, but tea!  For the rest of July, Provence Tea is on SALE!

Provence Tea is a Rooibus tea made with Lavender, Rosehip, Elderberry, Rose flowers and Blueberries!  It is the absolute best.  I love it hot and cold.  I love my hot with some rich cream and a little sugar (or honey) and cold with milk, ice cubes and a touch of sugar.  So so so so yummy!!!!  I drink a cup almost every night before I go to bed and I feel like I do sleep so much better…even if it is a hot night, I drink my hot tea….so good, so calming and so relaxing!   You can order yours at www.theessentialolive.com



So off I go…have a great rest of July, enjoy those kids and grandkids and life…it is a beautiful life.

Quote for the day…..Every Situation I Encounter gives me the Opportunity to think Brilliantly!


No comments:

Post a Comment